Junior Member Sponsorship
For: The American Scientific Glassblowers Society, Annual Symposium.
The Exhibitor Group Section of the ASGS is proud to offer an award to assist a Junior/Student Member who is pursuing a career in scientific glassblowing to attend the National Symposium. The recipient will be reimbursed for travel, lodging, and registration expenses associated with the 2018 National Symposium up to $1000.
- You must be a Junior, or Student member in good standing of the American Scientific Glassblowers Society, as of the deadline.
- The recipient must have gained a majority of their income through the field of scientific glassblowing for a period of 1 year prior to application (must include proof of employment and percentage of income), or be a student in an accredited program for Scientific Glassblowing working toward a degree in Scientific Glassblowing (documentation required).
- The recipient must agree to submit a travel expense report, including all receipts for goods and services rendered.
- The recipient must attend the National Symposium, all Junior Member Workshops and the Awards Banquet.
- The recipient will attend the Exhibitor Group meeting, for the purpose of introduction.
- Applicant must submit a resume to the Sponsorship Committee Chair listed within, no later than March 15th. On or before March 30th the Sponsorship Committee will choose the recipient.
- Agreement that the recipient will notify the Sponsorship Committee of intent to attend the Symposium no later than April 15th, at which time an alternate will be selected if necessary.
- Applicant must not have been a prior recipient of this award or currently a recipient of any other sponsorship.
- Application for the award cannot be made if funds or sponsorship is available through employment.
How to increase your chances of winning: Attend section meetings, become an officer of your section, chair a committee, volunteer time at symposiums, PREPARE A GREAT RESUME!!.
Sponsorship Committee Chair: Send resume to Bonnie A. Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org