Junior Member Sponsorship 2018
For: The American Scientific Glassblowers Society, Annual Symposium.
The Exhibitor Group Section of the ASGS is proud to offer an award to assist a Junior/Student Member who is pursuing a career in scientific glassblowing to attend the National Symposium. The recipient will be reimbursed for travel, lodging, and registration expenses associated with the 2018 National Symposium up to $1000.
1. You must be a Junior, or Student member in good standing of the American Scientific Glassblowers Society, as of the deadline.
2. The recipient must have gained a majority of their income through the field of scientific glassblowing for a period of 1 year prior to application (must include proof of employment and percentage of income) or be a student in an accredited program for Scientific Glassblowing working toward a degree in Scientific Glassblowing (documentation required).
3. The recipient must agree to submit a travel expense report, including all receipts for goods and services rendered.
4. The recipient must attend the 2018 Symposium, all Junior Member Workshops and Banquet.
5. The recipient will attend the Exhibitor Group meeting, Wednesday, June 20th, 4 pm, for introduction to the Members.
6. Applicant must submit a resume to the Sponsorship Committee Chair listed below, no later than March 15th. On or before March 30th the Sponsorship Committee will choose the recipient.
7. Agreement that the recipient will notify the Sponsorship Committee of intent to attend the Symposium no later than April 15th, at which time an alternate will be selected if necessary.
8. Applicant must not have been a prior recipient of this award or currently a recipient of any other sponsorship.
How to increase your chances of winning: Attend section meetings, become an officer of your section, chair a committee, volunteer time at symposiums, PREPARE A GREAT RESUME!!.
Sponsorship Committee Chair: Send resume to Bonnie A. Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org